Apply now to get:
Our six months Music Theory course that will prepare you to take the ABRSM Music Theory exam
One Live Lesson each week where you can ask question and learn with your classmates!
All the live lessons recorded for you to study
Homeworks to upload in your classroom
Take the ABRSM exam online!
Our 24 hours Music Theory course is ideal for Beginners. The program is divided in two trimesters.
- Note values of semibreve, minim, crotchet, quaver and semiquaver, and their equivalent rests (candidates may use the terms ‘whole note’, ‘half note’, etc.). Tied notes. Single dotted notes.
- Simple time signatures of , bar-lines and the grouping of the notes listed above within these times.
- The stave. Treble (G) and bass (F) clefs. Names of notes on the stave, including middle C in both clefs. Sharp, flat and natural signs, and their cancellation.
- Construction of the major scale, including the position of the tones and semitones. Scales and key signatures of the major keys of C, G, D and F in both clefs, with their tonic triads (root position), degrees (number only), and intervals above the tonic (by number only).
- Some frequently used terms and signs concerning tempo, dynamics, performance directions and articulation marks. Simple questions will be asked about a melody written in either treble or bass clef.
- Simple time signatures of and the grouping of notes and rests within these times. Triplets, and triplet note groups with rests.
- Extension of the stave to include two ledger lines below and above each stave.
- Relative major and minor keys. Construction of the minor scale (harmonic only). Scales and key signatures of the major keys of A, B b and E b, and the minor keys of A, E and D, with their tonic triads (root position), degrees (number only), and intervals above the tonic (by number only).
- More terms and signs in common use.
The course credits will be released only upon passing the final exam. The final exam is optional and the exam fee is not included in the course.
|ABRSM Qualification title||RQF Qualification title||Qualification number (QAN)||Level||Credit Value||GLH||TQT|
|Grade 1 Music Theory||ABRSM Level 1 Award in Music Theory (Grade 1)||603/6414/2||1||2||6||20|
|Grade 2 Music Theory||ABRSM Level 1 Award in Music Theory (Grade 2)||603/6415/4||1||3||9||30|